Gift baskets made with vintage mugs and mug cake mix
You can make these adorable DIY coffee mug gift baskets with the recipe provided for making your own mug cake or buy the premade mug cake mix.
Make the mug cake mix (recipe follows) and write the recipe on a cute card:
- Mix Angel Food cake mix and your choice of flavor cake mix (I used Pillsbury Funfetti)
- Put both in a large ziplock bag and mix well (this can be kept in the freezer).
For your mug gift sets put 3 tablespoons of this mixture into each baggie (you may want to put more in your baggie depending on the size of the mug you choose. I would test it out in a similar size mug. Remember to adjust the water amount if you do that!)
Directions to write on the recipe card:
- Pour the cake mix into the mug.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons water; mix well.
- Microwave on high, 1 minute.