According to food historians, the cheeseburger was invented in 1920 in Pasadena, California, a remarkable 20 years after the hamburger first appeared. Lionel Sternberger (no pun intended), a cook at his father’s sandwich shop, “The Rite Spot”, one day decided to place a slab of American cheese on a hamburger, inventing one of the world’s most loved sandwiches.
- D W. favorited Diner Cheeseburger 06 Sep 21:38
- Suzi T. favorited Diner Cheeseburger 16 Jul 13:18
- Emma H. favorited Diner Cheeseburger 15 Jul 14:56
- StardustTea favorited Diner Cheeseburger 10 Jul 03:56
- heather r. added Diner Cheeseburger to Food Items to make 07 Jul 19:30
- Ryland Peters & Small published his project Diner Cheeseburger 22 Apr 14:49
You Will Need
First, make the Dijonnaise by finely chopping the white onions and frying with the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the cream and mix in the mustard. Season the mixture and simmer until the sauce takes a mustardy colour and is relatively thick.
Mix together the minced beef, minced onion and pressed garlic. Shape into patties and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill to your liking.
In a medium frying pan, fry 8 slices of maple-cured or regular bacon and 4 eggs, and set aside.
Cut a brioche bun in half and spread a layer of Dijonnaise. Place a cooked patty on top, then a slice of cheese, followed by a fried egg, 2 slices of bacon and some chopped dill pickle.
Serve with hand-cut fries, ranch dressing and sweet and sour pickle relish.