The clue's in the name :)
I made this in 2O minutes after school :)
Sorry, I have no pictures for step by step, so I'll try to explain best I can :D
- Kristen K. favorited Cute Skirt In 20 Mins! 25 May 12:19
- kyrabiddinger k. added Cute Skirt In 20 Mins! to Sewing 06 Oct 20:03
- Valerie R. favorited Cute Skirt In 20 Mins! 14 Jun 19:58
- Ari M. favorited Cute Skirt In 20 Mins! 19 Feb 00:18
- stephanie1704 favorited Cute Skirt In 20 Mins! 27 Jul 03:31
- MollyDoc entered her project Cute Skirt In 20 Mins! to Sweater Surgery Contest 15 Apr 19:52
First I measured around the fullest part of my hips, you need twice this measurement for the width of the fabric :)
Then the length is up to you, but take around 10cm off of the length you want to make, because the hem will take up that much :)
To make the hem, make a strip of fabric as long as your other piece (hip measurement x2) by 20cm.
Fold the edges over and press them.
Then, if you fold is piece over long-ways it'll make the ideal hem for the bottom of your skirt.
Sew this hem to the bottom of the long fabric.
Fold the top of your "skirt" over and sew down the length, creating a tube at the top. Make sure the rough side is on the inside.
Using a safety pin, (pinned to the end of the elastic),
pull the elastic through the skirt and once you get to the other end, tie it in a knot top make a loop.
With the skirt inside out (rough sides together), sew down the open edge.
Turn it out the right way around, and voila, your own simple skirt! :D