D.I.Y Cute Fluffy Bird!
Check out the tutorial to find out how I made this cute little plushie bird :)
- Key West Witch favorited Cute Plushie Bird 01 Jul 00:17
- Ms Dorito added Cute Plushie Bird to Plushie 12 Jun 17:43
- Luna D. favorited Cute Plushie Bird 25 Apr 06:47
- Deb E. favorited Cute Plushie Bird 03 Dec 00:19
- Deb E. commented on Cute Plushie Bird 03 Dec 00:19
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Cute Plushie Bird 19 Jul 05:34
- D S. favorited Cute Plushie Bird 04 May 02:52
- wondertide favorited Cute Plushie Bird 02 Apr 07:03
- Jenica T. favorited Cute Plushie Bird 25 Mar 15:55
- JJ W. favorited Cute Plushie Bird 18 Apr 17:07
Here's the template I drew for the bird. You can also try out a different pattern or simply come up with a pattern of your own.
The template includes:
Tail: 2 pieces (1 plain fabric, 1 patterned fabric),
Wings: 4 pieces (2 plain fabrics, 2 patterned fabrics),
Body parts: sides- 2 pieces (both patterned fabrics), top-1 piece (patterned fabric), bottom- 1 piece (plain fabric).
Beak: 1 small round piece (orange fabric).
In this picture you can see that I've colored the sides of each body parts. You have to sew the similar colored sides together.
There are 2 unmarked sides on the bottom part and top part, don't sew these sides, as you'll have to keep an open area for turning the right side out after stitching all the body parts together.
Start stuffing the body through the open end,
I used wool for stuffing and a pencil to push the wool in,
Use a small amount of wool at a time,
Don't push too hard, otherwise you might ruin the stitches and the body shape.
Use enough wool to make the bird look fluffy! but not too much, or else it'll ruin the shape.
For the tail place the patterned fabric (facing inside) and plain fabric together and sew around the edges but don't forget to keep a small area open so that you can turn the right side out.
After turning the right side out, stuff the tail with a very small amount of wool, just to give them a fluffy look.
Now attach the tail at the back of the stuffed body using needle and thread.