A fun alternative to chocolate eggs this Easter!
Saw this in one of my Grandma's old cookery books and had to give them a go. I thought they were brilliant but my boyfriend thought otherwise haha.
- Joe B. favorited Crackin' Easter Eggs :D 09 Apr 05:22
- Crafterella added Crackin' Easter Eggs :D to Easter Guide 05 Dec 20:00
- Victoria L. favorited Crackin' Easter Eggs :D 07 Mar 12:14
- BlauPiepmatz favorited Crackin' Easter Eggs :D 03 Nov 00:38
- Languid Seed favorited Crackin' Easter Eggs :D 31 Aug 17:52
Par-boil the eggs for about 4 minutes in salty water.
Remove the eggs from the pan and carefully tap them all over with the back of a teaspoon. It doesn't matter if any small pieces of shell fall off, it will just add to the effect :D
Put a generous amount of food dye in each pan, and bring back to the boil, placing the eggs in.
remove after a few minutes, run under cold water and carefully take off the shell. Done!