For those days you just don't have time to make a real corset!
I saw a project like this on another website, and thought that the shirt was awesome! SO here's my own, there's a few changes that I made though
here the link to the original(not by me)
- Key West Witch added Corset Shirt to Clothes Above the Waist 19 Mar 05:41
- Krystal W. favorited Corset Shirt 18 Mar 15:58
- Debbie B. favorited Corset Shirt 19 Aug 18:27
- Rebecca Lea G. favorited Corset Shirt 26 Feb 18:52
- Sveta favorited Corset Shirt 19 Jan 07:30
- Tierra T. favorited Corset Shirt 16 Nov 22:38
- Laura P. favorited Corset Shirt 07 Jul 00:35
- Rachel B. added Corset Shirt to DIY and Refashioned Top Ideas 30 Apr 04:10
- Karola M. favorited Corset Shirt 01 Dec 00:40
- skisa4 favorited Corset Shirt 17 Oct 14:37
Gather all your materials to use, I started with a tube top as my base so all I had to do to it was to cut out the built in bra from the inside. Also I just bought a boys t-shirt and cut out the back for the black. Oh and I used 2.8m of ribbon with 10 eyelets on either side and the shirt is roughly 42cm long. For reference.
Lay out your eyelets and mark with a fabric pencil where you want them to go on one side. then pull the other side over to the first and match up the eyelets so they're the same on both sides. If you used a really stretchy shirt material like I did you have to add a tough material to the back to give soemthing for the eyelets to hold onto to stay in place.
Get the strip of your other colour, and cut it so that it's about 1 inch longer at the top and bottom and 2 on the sides. Turn your shirt inside out and pin it in place. From there I found it easier to sew it in place from the front because I could follow my hemming seam from along the eyelets but I think it's personal preference. Just don't do what I did and somehow manage to sew one side 2 inches higher than the other :P
Now all that's left is to cut away the extra black on the inside of the shirt (way to lazy to try to hem that) Then you need something to hold it up with (mine had elastic from the tube top so I didn't need a strap but I wanted one :) So you can do pretty much whatever tie you want, I just did a strap that I'd lift over my head because I didn't want to have to tie it behind my neck and have an odd bump when I wore my hair down.