I Love Corn
Private chef–author Jackie M. Lee New York, NY
Serves 4 to 6
When I cook, the flavors always start in my head. I usually pick a central ingredient and then build the dish from there. I love making this delectable and creamy corn pudding in the summer, when the corn is so fresh and sweet. The leeks and the bacon add the salty, smoky, and earthy elements to the dish, making this a great complement to any entrée. I usually find myself eating it all by itself, it’s that good!
- ElizabethJuddTaylor favorited Corn Pudding With Bacon And Leeks 01 Dec 15:51
- judithchen added Corn Pudding With Bacon And Leeks to recipes 23 Nov 15:52
- judithchen added Corn Pudding With Bacon And Leeks to craft ideas 23 Nov 15:52
- judithchen favorited Corn Pudding With Bacon And Leeks 23 Nov 15:52
- Andrews McMeel published his project Corn Pudding With Bacon And Leeks 23 Sep 12:00
You Will Need
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 by 8 by 2-inch casserole dish (or similar size) with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
Sauté the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon and drain on a paper towel.
Drain two-thirds of the bacon fat out of the skillet and add the olive oil to the remaining bacon fat. Add the corn, leeks, garlic, and red bell pepper. Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are just cooked.
Remove the pan from the heat. Add the bacon bits and mix until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then season with the Tabasco to your preferred level of heat.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream, egg yolks, mustard powder, Worcestershire, parsley, and chives.
Place the corn mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly. Pour the cream mixture over the top and bake for 55 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes, then serve hot.