Colourful Chunky Beaded Flower Necklace
This was a relatively simple necklace to make. I made the flowers separately by threading buttons on wire first, then adding equal amounts of beads for each 'petal',winding it around the back to make another petal with another bead type so that there are 2 layers of petals.
The types of beads used can be changed ofcourse, I've made this with semi precious gemstones which looks quite exquisite.
When the 3 flowers were made, I then made a 2 strand necklace and in the process of making it I attached the flowers to the necklace rather than attaching them after. The joins of the two strands need to be a distance apart and not next to each other to make the necklace hang right on the neckline. The beads I used for the strands are purple/blue crackle glass beads, mostly for comfort and finished off with a lobster clasp and jump ring.
Make sure you measure your neckline as it's easy to get the length on this really wrong, then you'll have to take it apart and from experience you won't want to have to do that!!!
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Colourful Chunky Beaded Flower Necklace 22 Jul 21:15
- GuamDivingDiva added Colourful Chunky Beaded Flower Necklace to fun little things 18 Mar 22:19
- martha I. favorited Colourful Chunky Beaded Flower Necklace 25 Feb 11:48
- martha I. commented on Colourful Chunky Beaded Flower Necklace 25 Feb 11:45
- Sezrah Sylvan entered her project Colourful Chunky Beaded Flower Necklace to BeadCrafty Contest 14 Dec 14:48
posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!