Bake some delicious whoopie pies
Makes about 48 two-inch cakes.
- Amy B. added Classic Chocolate Whoopie to Yummy 28 Sep 03:06
- laceysmom added Classic Chocolate Whoopie to RECIPEs 29 Dec 07:40
- FrankieStein favorited Classic Chocolate Whoopie 16 Feb 06:49
- Ninja Potato favorited Classic Chocolate Whoopie 27 Apr 15:25
- Alex Poser added Classic Chocolate Whoopie to Culinary 10 Jan 22:04
- mandiCHU favorited Classic Chocolate Whoopie 29 Aug 02:08
- destinytlong favorited Classic Chocolate Whoopie 04 Aug 22:51
- Leyley favorited Classic Chocolate Whoopie 28 Jul 16:37
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper. In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, shortening, and brown sugar on low speed until just combined. Increase the speed to medium and beat until fluffy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for another 2 minutes.
Add half of the flour mixture and half of the milk to the batter and beat on low until just incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the remaining flour mixture and 1/2 cup milk and beat until completely combined.
Using a spoon, drop about 1 tablespoon of batter onto one of the prepared baking sheets and repeat, spacing them at least 2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time for about 10 minutes each, or until the pies spring back when pressed gently. Remove from the oven and let the cakes cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.