Creamy classic vanilla cheesecake with a sweet and light sour cream topping.
This is my very favorite cheesecake recipe. It is SO creamy and light. If you are a cheesecake purist and you like it plain, this is your cheesecake. It is so flavorful all by itself-- you will love it!! (I like raspberry pie filling on the top....!)
- Leigh C. favorited Classic Cheesecake With Sour Cream Topping 05 Feb 02:30
- C.Rami favorited Classic Cheesecake With Sour Cream Topping 22 May 14:59
- mowi m. favorited Classic Cheesecake With Sour Cream Topping 08 May 17:29
- Hella added Classic Cheesecake With Sour Cream Topping to Cooking 08 Apr 16:44
- Hella favorited Classic Cheesecake With Sour Cream Topping 18 Mar 15:42
- ale_corason favorited Classic Cheesecake With Sour Cream Topping 15 Mar 21:50
- Easybaked published their project Classic Cheesecake With Sour Cream Topping 05 Feb 18:39
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine crust ingredients together until well combined. Press into a 9″ spring form pan, pressing crumbs into bottom and about 1 1/2″ up sides of pan.
For the filling, combine the sugar and softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition.
Add the vanilla, lemon juice and salt and beat until smooth and creamy, and pour into crust.
Bake at 350F degrees for 35-45 minutes.
While cheesecake is baking, make topping by simply mixing together all of the topping ingredients.
After 35-45 minutes of baking, remove cheesecake from oven and turn oven down to 325F degrees.
Pour topping over hot cheesecake, gently spreading to edges. Return cheesecake to oven and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes.
Remove cheesecake from oven and leave sides on pan while allowing cheesecake to cool to room temperature.
Refrigerate several hours (or overnight).
Remove edges of spring form pan before serving and serve with fresh fruit, pie filling or a chocolate or caramel sauce.