Full of creamy chocolate
My favorite chocolate tart. Adjust your own by choosing milk or dark chocolate or a mix of both.
- Peggy M. replied to a comment on Chocolate Tart 07 Feb 17:49
- Lotusburger favorited Chocolate Tart 29 Jan 19:00
- Crafterella replied to a comment on Chocolate Tart 17 Jan 20:44
- Peggy M. commented on Chocolate Tart 16 Jan 17:34
- Crafterella featured Chocolate Tart 07 Jan 23:00
- heather r. added Chocolate Tart to Food Items to make 06 Jan 20:39
- Krumbleberry published her project Chocolate Tart 06 Jan 09:00
In a large bowl, combine flour with sugar. Add butter and mix. When the dough starts to crumble, add the egg. Combine until mixed evenly, shape the dough into a ball, wrap it in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Remove the dough from the fridge and roll into a circle, about 30 cm in diameter. Carefully transfer the rolled dough onto a baking pan, press it onto the bottom and the sides of the pan, and cut off the hanging sides. Place the pan in a refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
In a small pot over medium heat, heat the cream until simmering. In the meantime, chop up the chocolate into small pieces and place it in a medium-sized bowl. When the cream starts to simmer, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate. Let it sit for a couple of minutes. In the meantime, In a small bowl, combine eggs with salt, set aside. Mix the chocolate with cream until well combined, then add the egg mixture.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the pie crust and bake in a preheated oven for another 25 minutes. Remove the pie from the oven, let it cool and sprinkle with cocoa powder and decorate with any sweets, nuts, or fruit.