Vegan Dessert – Chocolate Mousse with Sweet Potato
Sweet potato is such a versatile vegetable – I love them roasted, steamed, baked, puréed or grilled. It is loaded with “good carbs” and contain almost twice as much fiber as other types of potatoes. Sweet potato is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese and copper. Because of the natural sweetness in the sweet potato, I didn’t have to use sugar in mousse. I have used dates for additional sweetness. I have used raw organic cocoa powder which is an amazing health food! As the sugar and milk portion increases in chocolate, the health benefits of the chocolate decreases. Cocoa powder is rich in antioxidants, so you will feel great serving this dessert to that special someone! I hope you and your loved ones enjoy this mousse.
- Chachee.rayna added Chocolate Mousse With Sweet Potato to Yummy 25 Jul 17:41
- Marina L. favorited Chocolate Mousse With Sweet Potato 22 Jul 19:48
- Maladignia favorited Chocolate Mousse With Sweet Potato 21 Jul 16:04
- HylianWriter534 favorited Chocolate Mousse With Sweet Potato 07 Jul 04:51
- becky.wright.9406 favorited Chocolate Mousse With Sweet Potato 28 Jun 17:30
- FarmonPlate replied to a comment on her project Chocolate Mousse With Sweet Potato 28 Jun 06:21
- thatdorkychick favorited Chocolate Mousse With Sweet Potato 27 Jun 13:00
- Fashion Diva Crochet favorited Chocolate Mousse With Sweet Potato 23 Jun 19:31
- Stéphanie C. favorited Chocolate Mousse With Sweet Potato 23 Jun 13:48
- Vatech90 favorited Chocolate Mousse With Sweet Potato 22 Jun 22:12
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place sweet potatoes in a baking dish and bake until very soft, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely and peel the skin.
Put sweet potato, cacao powder, coconut milk, dates and salt in the food processor. Blend on a high speed until it becomes a smooth mousse. You might need to adjust coconut milk according to the thickness of the mousse.
Pour or pipe the mousse in severing bowls and put in the fridge to chill. Garnish with fresh fruits and nuts, serve!