Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Creamy and decadent chocolate custard sweetened with dates. Full of wholesome ingredients and healthy enough to make for breakfast!
- Alex B. favorited Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding 03 Jun 12:38
- Coyote added Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding to do a food? 13 Jun 06:44
- Meta H. added Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding to cooking 28 Dec 22:52
- Psychodoll favorited Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding 12 Jul 21:29
- HylianWriter534 favorited Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding 07 Jul 04:58
- BlackCherry favorited Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding 28 Jun 06:59
- heather r. added Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding to Food Items to make 24 Jun 23:35
- Jane L. favorited Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding 10 Jun 03:40
- Kassandra R. favorited Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding 02 Jun 01:41
- Chachee.rayna added Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding to Yummy 30 May 20:39
Pour the almond milk into a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Place the egg yolks in a bowl. When the milk starts to scald, slowly pour about 1 cup of the hot milk into the egg yolks while mixing vigorously with a whisk. Add the egg/milk mixture back to the pan and heat over medium heat while whisking.
Whisk in the cacao powder, maple syrup, and salt. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch it carefully, to be sure it does not boil.The mixture should thicken slightly and coat the back of a wooden spoon when it's done.
When the custard has thickened, remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Place the dates in a food processor or high speed blender. With the blender/processor running, slowly pour in the hot custard. Process/blend until the dates are completely smooth and incorporated. Add the chia seeds and pulse to combine evenly.
Pour the custard into 4 jars or ramekins. Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours). Serve with bananas, coconut milk whipped cream, chocolate shavings, chopped nuts, etc. Enjoy!