A low fat version of the classic
- Ariciaaa favorited Chicken Tikka Masala 09 Aug 00:26
- Savannah A. favorited Chicken Tikka Masala 16 Jul 13:21
- Biblionic favorited Chicken Tikka Masala 09 Aug 00:02
- Tina T. favorited Chicken Tikka Masala 09 Jun 15:58
- Tina T. commented on Chicken Tikka Masala 09 Jun 15:56
- christina c. favorited Chicken Tikka Masala 19 May 02:03
- Penny F. added Chicken Tikka Masala to Soups 15 Apr 16:46
- Stephanie W. favorited Chicken Tikka Masala 14 Apr 18:32
- LottiePoP added Chicken Tikka Masala to Baking 06 Apr 12:56
- michaela.vincent2 favorited Chicken Tikka Masala 05 Apr 23:29
You Will Need
2 tbsp Canola Oil 1 Small Onion , diced 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger ,grated 3 Cloves Garlic , grated 1 tbsp Ground Cumin 1 tbsp Garam Masala 1 tsp Turmeric Powder .5 teaspoon Chili Powder .5 teaspoon Salt 1 -14o ounce/300 gram Can of crushed tomatoes 4 Ounces/ 113 grams Fat free plain yoghurt .5 cup/118 ml low fat Milk 2 Pounds/4 skinless boneless Chicken breasts, cubed 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander , chopped
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the grated ginger, stir for a few minutes then add the garlic and cook another minute.
Add cumin, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, and salt; mix well until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, yogurt and milk.
Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Add chicken and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
Garnish with cilantro.
* I like to serve with basmati rice and naan bread for mopping.
Tina T. · Chipata, Eastern, ZM
Chicken TIkka Masala is my favorite indian food EVER! It's awesome that there's a recipe on CO+K for it!