Itsu 20-minute Suppers
This is a great one-pot casserole dish, full of rich, autumnal flavours.
✚ 429 calories
❤ 3.2g saturated fat
- marie w. added Chicken & Chestnut Donburi to Autumn 2018 19 Sep 09:49
- siriuslestrangeone commented on Chicken & Chestnut Donburi 04 Sep 18:48
- Ghosts are Green favorited Chicken & Chestnut Donburi 25 Aug 22:43
- SilverSnake S. favorited Chicken & Chestnut Donburi 07 Jun 19:05
- Octopus Publishing published her project Chicken & Chestnut Donburi 13 May 09:00
You Will Need
Cook the rice with the measured water and pinch of salt.
While the rice is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a heavy-based flameproof casserole with a lid or saucepan, add the chicken pieces and fry over a high heat for 1 minute until they start to colour. Remove to a plate.
Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and fry the ginger and garlic over a medium–high heat for a few seconds until they start to colour.
Pour in the soy sauce and mirin and let the mixture begin to boil, then return the chicken to the pan and stir to coat well in the sauce.
Add the onions, leek, mushrooms and chestnuts, chicken stock and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Bring to the boil, then cover with the lid and cook over a medium heat for 7 minutes.
Serve the chicken and vegetables on a bed of the rice, with plenty of sauce spooned over the top.