The Art of Eating Well
This is an overnight breakfast or make-ahead dessert.We’ve infused omega-3-rich chia seeds with our favourite rooibos chai breakfast tea and together they turn the usually savoury butternut squash into a sweet start to the day. Gently heating up the pudding before layering with the Mango Cashew Cream is our favourite way to breakfast and warm our bellies in the autumn.
This is so yummy that you’ll also fancy it as a cool, creamy dessert.We love it with summer fruits, such as blackberries, grapes, figs, plums or peaches, which are just in season as butternut comes in. In the winter months, try apple chunks, chopped clementines or blood orange.
If you bake the butternut squash the night before, then it's ready to go in the morning. Don’t forget to chew well in order to get the most goodness out of the tiny chia seeds.
- Alex B. favorited Chia Chai Butternut Breakfast Pudding 03 Jun 12:38
- Meta H. added Chia Chai Butternut Breakfast Pudding to cooking 19 Dec 15:20
- HylianWriter534 favorited Chia Chai Butternut Breakfast Pudding 17 Sep 21:49
- KelliDroze added Chia Chai Butternut Breakfast Pudding to Food 04 Sep 05:01
- SugarNSpiceLily favorited Chia Chai Butternut Breakfast Pudding 27 Aug 00:08
- Kay B. favorited Chia Chai Butternut Breakfast Pudding 22 Aug 17:00
- Ebury Publishing published her project Chia Chai Butternut Breakfast Pudding 22 Aug 15:30
You Will Need
Preheat the oven to fan 180°C/Gas mark 6 and roast
the butternut squash in the oven for 40–50 minutes
until cooked through and tender. Scoop out 400 g of
the squash flesh and mash well. Any leftover squash
can be frozen and used in a soup or smoothie.
Add the squash to a saucepan with 350 ml water,
the coconut oil and the tea leaves (or the contents
of the tea bags, if using). Bring to a medium simmer,
then remove from the heat and leave to cool for a
Stir in the chia seeds, continuously whisking at first
to avoid lumps, then add the honey.
Leave to sit for at least 20 minutes to an hour for the
chia to swell (unless you like it crunchy). Alternatively,
transfer to a flask and by the time you get to work,
you’ll have a nice warm chia breakfast pudding.
Add the Coconut Yoghurt and goji berries, if using, and enjoy.
TO MAKE A CREAMY DESSERT, take a jar or glass and layer up the Chia Chai Butternut Breakfast Pudding with Mango Cashew Cream and scatter 2 handfuls of seasonal fruit, such as blackberries, between the layers.Top with more
fruit and enjoy.