Delicious cheesy bread!
Adapted from hungry girl por vida.
- Marie B. favorited Cheesy Puff Pull Apart Bread 08 Aug 17:55
- nichole.lynn.powell favorited Cheesy Puff Pull Apart Bread 13 Mar 04:03
- Rikki L. favorited Cheesy Puff Pull Apart Bread 07 Mar 15:17
- Kemaris K. added Cheesy Puff Pull Apart Bread to Food 22 Jan 04:14
- abigail.ponchillia favorited Cheesy Puff Pull Apart Bread 17 Jan 21:45
- Rachael H. added Cheesy Puff Pull Apart Bread to Food 17 Dec 03:10
- Shantelle t. added Cheesy Puff Pull Apart Bread to food!! 08 Dec 06:37
- Megan S. favorited Cheesy Puff Pull Apart Bread 04 Dec 03:44
- jennifer.barninger favorited Cheesy Puff Pull Apart Bread 25 Nov 20:30
- heather r. added Cheesy Puff Pull Apart Bread to Food Items to make 19 Nov 20:45
In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of all purpose flour and 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour (I used only all purpose) with sugar, salt, and yeast, and stir to mix. In a small saucepan het milk and butter over low heat until butter is just melted, then set aside for 1 minute and add water. Add milk mixture to the flour and stir to combine. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until each is combined. Add in 8 oz of the grated cheddar cheese and mix with you hands to incorporate the cheese. Add the remaining all purpose flour and knead the dough. It will still be sticky but resist adding more flour.
Set dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a towel, then set in a warm place to rise for one hour. After one hour, punch the dough down and either refrigerate for later/tomorrow use, or use it now. Lightly flour your workspace and using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a giant rectangle (about 12 X 12"). Brush the dough with melted butter then cover with the remaining cheese.
Using a pizza cutter, slice the dough from top to bottom into 6 even-ish strips. Lay the strips on top of ach other and then cut into 6 pieces again. Butter and lightly flour a 9 X 5" loaf pan. Layer the square slices into the loaf pan cut side down. cover the dough and let rise for another hour.
Preheat the over to 350 degrees and set the loaf pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until the top is golden brown.