Stylish textured cushion cover
A chunky knit effect is achieved on this textured cushion cover by using three strands of Aran weight yarn,knitted together as if one strand.
Fits a 40cm x 30 cm (16” x 12”) cushion pad
9 stitches over 15 rows = 10cm sq (4”)
RS right side
K2tog knit 2 stitches together
Yo yarn over
A quick step by step guide can be seen below.
Printable PDF instructions can be downloaded from the link above.
- Checkerboard_Cushion__Cover_Knitting_Pattern.pdf 567 KB [ Download ]
- Key West Witch favorited Checkerboard Cushion Cover 07 May 05:58
- Renee D. added Checkerboard Cushion Cover to DIY Craft Room 04 Oct 04:38
- PixieFey favorited Checkerboard Cushion Cover 19 May 15:14
- rachel.gardiner.82 favorited Checkerboard Cushion Cover 29 May 17:10
- ale_corason favorited Checkerboard Cushion Cover 22 Dec 07:09
- Hand Knitted Things published her project Checkerboard Cushion Cover 17 Nov 17:31
Using 3 strands of yarn cast on 35 stitches.
Row 1: (RS): K5,*P5,K5; rep from* to end.
Row 2: P5,*K5,P5; rep from* to end.
Row 3: K5,*P5,K5; rep from* to end.
Row 4: P5,*K5,P5; rep from* to end.
Row 5: K5,*P5,K5; rep from* to end.
Row 6: As row 1
Row 7: As row 2
Row 8: As row 1
Row 9: As row 2
Row 10: As row 1
Repeat rows 1 to 10, ten times, then repeat from 1-5 until work = 21 squares (counted along length of work
approximately 77 cm or 30.5 inches).
Continue with next row of squares and make three buttonholes
Row 1: K5,*P5,K5; rep from* to end.
Row 2: (P5, K2, yo, K2tog, K1) rep 3 times, P5.
Row 3: As Row 1
Row 4: As Row 2
Cast off (5th row).
With right side facing and button holes at the top count down side edge, three squares, mark bottom edge
of third square with contrast yarn, this will be the top edge of the cover, fold flap over. From this marker
count down ten squares, mark bottom edge of tenth square with contrast yarn (this will be the bottom edge
of the cover). Fold this flap up. The final cushion cover is ten checkerboard squares high front and back.
Mark corners with contrast colour yarn.