Amazing cupcakes for any tea lover!
I love Chai Tea, so loved this recipe. Very mild flavour but very yummy. I have since found another recipe using chai powder which I'm yet to try (and will no doubt post in the future)
You can use any tea bags you prefer - Earl Grey is a great one too! (the purple frosted cake)
Have included the frosting recipe on this too but this could be purchased to save time!
Happy Baking xx
***Original recipe from "Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery***
- Kaiulani W. favorited Chai Tea Cupcakes 21 May 04:09
- SassyGinger_24 added Chai Tea Cupcakes to Japanese Garden Party 16 Apr 17:25
- Emma H. added Chai Tea Cupcakes to Steampunk Tea Party 17 Jul 16:20
- Tina T. favorited Chai Tea Cupcakes 09 Jun 16:31
- firstname.lastname@example.org added Chai Tea Cupcakes to recipes 25 Aug 15:44
- Bofoofer favorited Chai Tea Cupcakes 31 Jul 21:08
- Loopylars entered her project Chai Tea Cupcakes to A Zombie Ate My Cupcake! Contest 20 Jan 22:38
Pre- heat the oven to 170oC (350oF) Gas mark 4.
Line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
Heat the milk in a saucepan over a medium heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from the heat and add the tea bags. Cover with clingfilm and leave to infuse for about 30 minutes, then discard the tea bags.
In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together with a electric whisk until pale and smooth. Add the eggs one at a time to continue to beat until incorporated.
Combine the two flours in a separate bowl. Add 1/3 of the flour to the creamed mixture and beat well. Pour in 1/3 of the infused milk and continue to beat. Repeat these steps until all the flour and milk have been added.
Carefully spoon the mixture into the paper cases - 2/3 full and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack once baked.
I prefer to make the frosting when my cakes are baking.
110g Unsalted Butter- Room Temperature
60ml Milk - Room Temperature
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
500g Icing Sugar
*In a large mixing bowl beat the butter, milk, vanilla extract and half of the icing sugar until smooth.
*Gradually add the remainder of the icing sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
*A few drops of colouring can be added at this point if desired.
Once the cakes are cool - ice with plenty of frosting!
Decorate with a little granulated sugar sprinkled on top. Sugar flowers also add to the cute-ness!