made from new ´old´ cd´s
I like the idea but in my opinion it's not a very beautiful necklace. It was a hell of a work and at the end I didn't want to finish it because it didn't look like I wanted it to look. After a few days I decided to finish it and see it as a prototype. One day I will make a better one.
I bought new Cd's at the 'dollar store' because I don't have old Cd's, I am absolutely not going to destroy my Cd's and old Cd's have scratches most of the time. The bigger your necklace, the more Cd's you'll need, obviously..
- Hella entered her project Cd Statement Necklace to Hats On Heads 28 May 07:21
- crazygirly88 favorited Cd Statement Necklace 21 Jan 18:34
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Cd Statement Necklace 03 Jan 13:54
- Alyssa R. favorited Cd Statement Necklace 28 Nov 04:30
- PanicItsTelly favorited Cd Statement Necklace 03 Sep 20:25
- Charity W. favorited Cd Statement Necklace 25 Aug 08:40
- StrangerThings favorited Cd Statement Necklace 15 Aug 17:55
- Britta J. favorited Cd Statement Necklace 13 Aug 09:10
- Shae B. favorited Cd Statement Necklace 12 Aug 23:24
- DrEaMeR favorited Cd Statement Necklace 11 Aug 21:58
First, make a template. This will make it easier to make the puzzle work. You can skip this step but it will not make it go faster.
Now you are going to cut little pieces out of the Cd using your scissors. The Cd can break but it worked out for me.
If you've cut all the pieces, decide where you want the holes. Mark these with a pen.
Now, light the candle, heat the sharp side of the safety pin and push it through the Cd. You have to do this a few times because the holes might be to small for the needle.
As soon as all the holes are made you are going to sew the pieces together. Make sure you are in a calm place and you are perfectly calm yourself because this is really a #*&@!$% work.
At last, attach the chain using the pliers and the jump rings. Also attach the clasp.