Ribbons and lockets and stripes, oh my!
I love the romantic look of ribbon and old buttons...add a bit of a gear instead of a button for a more steam punk look.
- Key West Witch added Button And Locket Necklace to Jewelry Necklaces 30 Jun 13:12
- Key West Witch added Button And Locket Necklace to Jewelry 30 Jun 01:06
- Tori K. favorited Button And Locket Necklace 28 Nov 15:51
- Lauren D. added Button And Locket Necklace to To-make list 04 Dec 06:08
- Diamond Sight Creations added Button And Locket Necklace to Make List 15 Sep 11:46
Trim ribbon to length and make a tiny knot in each end. Place a small drop of glue inside one of the fold over ends and place the ribbon knot on top of the glue as shown. Using your chain nose pliers fold the flaps over one at a time to seal the end of the ribbon. Repeat with the other knotted end. Place a small dot of glue inside the bezel and position the button within the bezel. Set bezel aside to dry.
Using your chain nose pliers carefully open one of the 5 mm jump rings. Thread it through the loop on one of the fold over ends and then through the ring at one end of the extender chain. Carefully close the jump ring. Repeat to attach the hook to the other end of the ribbon. Set this aside.
Using the round nose pliers loop the 4 mm beads onto the head pins. Carefully open a 5 mm jump ring and feed the three looped beads onto the jump ring followed by the locket. Link this to the scroll at the bottom of the bezel and close securely.
Using the chain nose pliers gently open the square jump ring and feed it through the scroll at the top of the bezel. Close securely. Thread the chain end of the necklace through the square jump ring to finish the necklace..