Bow trend inspired pencil bag!
I had this really cool fake leather like fabric scraps that I got from a friend and I really wanted to do something cool with it. I also wanted a new pencil bag for the new school year. So, I looked online for cool pencil bag ideas and didn't find any that really went with my bag. But, I came across this tutorial http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=176509.0#axzz2N9mIp8vq and had the idea to add a bow on the front.
- Abbey S. favorited Bow Triangle Pencil Bag 01 Oct 16:29
- Pimke added Bow Triangle Pencil Bag to Nähmuster 08 Mar 07:52
- Kathy S. favorited Bow Triangle Pencil Bag 09 Aug 18:56
- x_niccadee added Bow Triangle Pencil Bag to make this 21 Mar 03:26
- Ambur R. favorited Bow Triangle Pencil Bag 10 Nov 09:07
- Pramodini Arela entered her project Bow Triangle Pencil Bag to Way Basics 01 Jul 11:10
- cookiemonster favorited Bow Triangle Pencil Bag 06 Jun 21:12
- tratarata favorited Bow Triangle Pencil Bag 03 Jun 12:28
- Always_smile added Bow Triangle Pencil Bag to Things to make 02 May 20:48
- Angie H. favorited Bow Triangle Pencil Bag 07 Apr 05:15
FOLLOW THE FIRST 11 STEPS OF THE Straight Sided Triangular Cosmetic Bag TUTORIAL AT http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=176509.0#axzz2N9mIp8vq.
DETERMINE THE SIZE OF THE BOW. The bow can be whatever width you want, and the length needs to be longer than the length of the bag. mine is about 10 inches wide and 10 inches long. If you want the bow to be fuller, you can double the width.
FLIP INSIDE OUT. use a seam ripper or pencil to sharpen the corners. then sew the opening closed. if you want, you can top stitch instead.
BUNCH THE MIDDLE. Using a machine or a needle and thread, find the middle and do a running stitch along it. Then taking the bobbin thread, pull it and bunch the middle and tie off the ends. If you double the width, fold the fabric in half before you bunch.
CUT MIDDLE TIE cut another rectangle that is long enough to wrap around the middle of the bow and wide enough to cover the bunching. mine is 4 inches by 5 inches
REPEAT STEPS 3 AND 4 FOR THE NEW RECTANGLE
MAKE A RING. Sew the two ends of the little rectangle together and flip it around until the seam is inside.
PUT BOW TOGETHER. Push the ring onto the bow until it hits the middle. This may take a little effort, especially if your fabric is thick or stiff. You can secure the tie in the back with a needle and thread.
CONTINUE WITH THE REST OF THE TUTORIAL ON http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=176509.0#axzz2N9mIp8vq
YAYAAAYY. YOUR ARE DONE! now fill it with whatever you want.