A totally unique addition to any decor!
You will be amazed at your own creativity when you learn to make these beautiful Candle Globes. A totally unique addition to any decor!
Learn to make them below...
- SugarNSpiceLily added Beautiful Candle Globes to Crock Pot Crafts (Non-Edible) 26 Jul 22:26
- tracy.b.russell.94 favorited Beautiful Candle Globes 08 Apr 17:39
- Jessica N. favorited Beautiful Candle Globes 17 Mar 21:02
- Dana H. favorited Beautiful Candle Globes 15 Mar 08:25
- sandra.gemalsky favorited Beautiful Candle Globes 27 Dec 03:18
- jessica.boulanger.10 favorited Beautiful Candle Globes 24 Nov 04:22
- Shubham G. favorited Beautiful Candle Globes 15 Oct 15:30
- Siana favorited Beautiful Candle Globes 14 Oct 05:54
- Madeleine favorited Beautiful Candle Globes 18 Sep 17:39
- Claire C. favorited Beautiful Candle Globes 25 Nov 21:51
You Will Need
Heat wax in double boiler until completely melted. Fill balloon about 2/3 full of water and tie off.
Holding balloon by knot, begin dipping balloon in wax. Do not dip above water line in balloon. Let wax cool for a few seconds after each dip.
When wax layer on balloon has thickened to approx. 1/4″, set balloon on smooth surface to cool.
Support balloon for a moment until solid enough to sit straight on its own. Allow to cool for one hour.
When cool, pop the balloon. (Do this over the sink, or you’ll get wet. Remove popped balloon from globe and use a hair dryer to gently smooth top edge. And then… just go crazy with it.
Use your imagination. Here are some suggested embellishments: Use drip candles to make drips down the side of your globe. Use mod podge and tissue paper to give it stained glass look. Use candle paints and stencils to give it designer look. When you’re finished…place a multi-layered square of foil in the bottom and drop in a tea light.