Baked Spaghetti Squash with Marinara and Chicken Sausage
A veggie filled dinner, this bake uses spaghetti squash as the “noodle” base and is filled with flavor from warm Italian spices and has many nutrients such as fiber, vitamin C, beta-carotene and iron.
- Leonor R. favorited Baked Spaghetti Squash With Marinara And Chicken Sausage 08 Oct 16:01
- RareJewel favorited Baked Spaghetti Squash With Marinara And Chicken Sausage 09 Feb 09:49
- Crafterella featured Baked Spaghetti Squash With Marinara And Chicken Sausage 30 Oct 23:00
- Rachel's Craft Channel favorited Baked Spaghetti Squash With Marinara And Chicken Sausage 22 Oct 17:39
- Sarah @ The Nourished Seedling published their project Baked Spaghetti Squash With Marinara And Chicken Sausage 20 Oct 09:00
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cut spaghetti squash in half, season with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake face down on a parchment paper lined baking tray for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
While the spaghetti squash is cooking (or near the end of the cook time), slice chicken sausage *(and any other desired veggies such as green pepper, mushrooms, onions, eggplant, zucchini) and sauté in a pan with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and minced garlic. Cook until browned. Set aside.
When squash is cooked, turn over and using a fork (and possibly an oven mitt to hold squash), pull back the “spaghetti” strands. Place them in a bowl until both squash halves are empty.
To the spaghetti squash, add marinara sauce, cooked chicken sausage mixture, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, oregano, basil, salt, 1 cup shredded cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
Scoop the mixture evenly into the two halves of the spaghetti squash. Top with remaining 1/4 cup of each cheese mix.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy! (We love it with crusty garlic bread!)