FREE PATTERN : BABY DRESS/TUNIC
As a couple of friends have given birth to baby girls this last month, I decided to draft a pattern for a simple dress that can grow with the baby and be used as a tunic/top over trousers when it's too short to be worn as a dress.
You can download a PDF file of the pattern (in sizes 3-6, 6-9 and 9-12 months) by clicking above.
- babydress.pdf 227 KB [ Download ]
- Tierra T. favorited Baby Dress/Tunic 16 Nov 19:37
- Becky M. favorited Baby Dress/Tunic 02 Oct 10:13
- Debbie K. favorited Baby Dress/Tunic 25 Apr 17:17
- mel M. favorited Baby Dress/Tunic 04 Oct 01:14
- liz.ku.1 added Baby Dress/Tunic to sewing 20 Aug 21:37
- Ella Light added Baby Dress/Tunic to Baby Making 11 Aug 11:34
- M.Hassevoort added Baby Dress/Tunic to Want to make 23 May 10:26
- Kathy Gregson added Baby Dress/Tunic to Baby 17 Sep 14:10
- miya.wongthai commented on Baby Dress/Tunic 05 Sep 03:12
- rhen.davis. favorited Baby Dress/Tunic 31 Aug 02:27
Cut two pieces from your fabric and place them right sides together. Pin if you want - I admit I am a lazy seamstress so if I can get away with it I don't...
Stitch down each side of the dress. Iron the seams open.
Sew bias binding around the bottom hem, and the armholes.
At the top (on both front and back) fold down 5mm and iron. Then fold down a further 10-12mm and iron. Stitch to make a casing.
Take about 1m of bias binding, fold in half and stitch along the entire length to make ties.
Use a safety pin to thread the ties through the casings. Thread one wooden bead onto each end of the ties and knot to secure. Tie a bow - and you're done!