Make Artist Trading Blocks!
Turn simple blocks and your box of doodads into fun artist trading blocks to trade with your friends!
- Christina E. added Artist Trading Blocks to first try 18 Jan 02:09
- Christina E. favorited Artist Trading Blocks 18 Jan 02:09
- Teresa P. favorited Artist Trading Blocks 29 Aug 12:00
- Emma H. favorited Artist Trading Blocks 27 May 13:52
- Crafterella featured Artist Trading Blocks 12 May 23:00
- Dawn B. favorited Artist Trading Blocks 11 May 15:02
- Michelle S. favorited Artist Trading Blocks 11 May 14:50
- Mark Montano published his project Artist Trading Blocks 11 May 10:22
1. Paint your wood blocks with different colors of Americana Acrylics
2. & 3. Paint and decoupage images & book pages on each side of the wood blocks
4. Distress the edges by dabbing them in a stamp pad
5. Glue 3" pieces of wire on buttons & jewelry pieces and let dry
6. & 7. Drill holes through game pieces, buttons and on the top center of each wood block
*I used a Dremel, but you could use a regular drill if you're careful
8. & 9. Glue more doodads on each block
*Things like letters, plastic flowers, rhinestone trim and strips of text
10. Glue 4 matching wood beads on the base of each block for feet
11. & 12. Thread beads, dice, buttons and games pieces on the wire and glue inside the hole on the top center of each block
Watch how I made them here!