Vegan Recipes from the Middle East
Preparation time: 45 minutes
© 2020 Parvin Razavi / Grub Street Publishing · Reproduced with permission.
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Almond And Rose Cake 25 Feb 10:27
- cupcake gangster favorited Almond And Rose Cake 27 Jan 03:07
- Kimya J. favorited Almond And Rose Cake 26 Nov 22:12
- Crafterella featured Almond And Rose Cake 13 Nov 23:00
- Grub Street Publishing published her project Almond And Rose Cake 10 Nov 09:00
Knead the almonds, sugar, vegan butter and rosewater either in a food processor or by hand into a homogenous mass.
Take 3 sheets of filo pastry and lay them so that they overlap and there is a long pastry line.
Now spread the almond mixture on the pastry leaving 5 cm clear at the bottom edge. Then carefully roll up the pastry into a long sausage.
Coil this roll carefully into a greased baking tin and brush the melted butter on it.
Bake in the oven at 180°C/350°F/gas 4 for 20 minutes or until the pastry has turned golden brown.
Sprinkle with rose petals and serve preferably while still a little warm.
Tip: If you have time, you can make the filo pastry yourself. To do this, knead 500 g flour, 2 tbsp olive oil, 250 ml water, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 pinch of salt into a dough. Leave to rest under a cloth for approximately 30 minutes. Roll out very thinly as required.