I love the way 3D floral embellishments look on dresses, but they're always a little too pricey, so I decided to DIY it!
This project is really, really easy but a little time intensive. I worked on it over 5 days and went through about 9 episodes of The Office while I worked. It's a great project to relax and pass some time :)
- lisa b. added 3d Embellished Dress to DIY the Look Carol Pilbasian from Last Man on Earth 17 May 21:17
- Dee D. added 3d Embellished Dress to clothes 14 Jul 11:10
- Heather H. favorited 3d Embellished Dress 12 Feb 20:56
- NMDZ favorited 3d Embellished Dress 15 Dec 20:10
- Irene H favorited 3d Embellished Dress 20 Sep 02:22
- Regina K. favorited 3d Embellished Dress 16 Jul 01:31
- Irene Wildfox added 3d Embellished Dress to Clothes 09 Jun 13:09
- llJulie favorited 3d Embellished Dress 08 Jun 19:52
- Nora E. added 3d Embellished Dress to Projects to try 02 Jun 23:14
- Alecia B. favorited 3d Embellished Dress 22 Apr 04:32
1. Gather your materials. Pop the flowers off of their stems and remove the little plastic connector piece, so all you should have left is the fabric piece. 2. Thread a piece of embroidery floss and knot the end. Bring the needle from the back of the dress through to the front, and through the hole in the center of the flowers. Then thread the bead onto the needle and stick the needle back through the hole to the back of the dress. 3. Knot the thread and continue until you've covered the dress with flowers. I decided to totally cover the bodice and then have some trickle down onto the skirt, but I think it would look really cool with the whole dress covered, too!
ps. I uploaded a short video on vimeo to better show how I attached the flowers: http://vimeo.com/40484806