The 1800's never tasted so good!
These delicious apple dumplings, originating from The Captain's Lady, have a delicate pastry exterior with a soft and gooey brown sugar apple in the center.
- Rebecca M. favorited 1800's Apple Dumplings 14 Jun 13:44
- kzk favorited 1800's Apple Dumplings 28 Nov 17:38
- Ariane D. favorited 1800's Apple Dumplings 04 May 02:50
- Suzi T. favorited 1800's Apple Dumplings 19 Apr 22:56
- Emma H. favorited 1800's Apple Dumplings 15 Apr 13:31
- ElizabethJuddTaylor favorited 1800's Apple Dumplings 23 Mar 17:06
- Carla B. favorited 1800's Apple Dumplings 22 Mar 01:04
- Bansheewolf favorited 1800's Apple Dumplings 21 Mar 20:07
- greenstyle added 1800's Apple Dumplings to Noms 21 Mar 18:09
- Lola P. favorited 1800's Apple Dumplings 21 Mar 15:20
Peel and core apples. Combine sugar, butter, salt, and cinnamon and fill each apple with part of the mixture.
Out of Brown Sugar? Try my How To Make Brown Sugar tutorial Here:
Sift four and salt together, and cut in shortening with a pastry blender. Add water, using only a small portion at a time, until mixture will hold together. Divide dough into 8 parts.
Roll out each portion to 1/8 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface, cut into squares large enough to cover apples. Place apple on each square and bring corners together at top; moisten edges and pinch together to hold apple in place.
Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve with Ice-cream (Optional)