Corset style top made from the bottom of pantlegs
First tutorial - be nice! <333
Officially the most lucrative pair of pants EVER. First I made a great pencil skirt, and then this awesome top with the remaining "below the knee" parts. Okay, I feel bad even posting a how-to for this, because it's the easiest project ever. I know, because I was able to make it x.x I still drew you terrible pictures in paint, though!
I'm not sure what qualifies as a corset - if you make it the way I did, it definitely does a little something for your waist and bustline, but there is definitely no boning or even paneling.
- Victoria L. favorited Zipper "Corset" From Pants 01 Jan 09:15
- Key West Witch favorited Zipper "Corset" From Pants 11 Sep 22:28
- Violet O. commented on Zipper "Corset" From Pants 01 Jul 10:15
- Rebeccah D. favorited Zipper "Corset" From Pants 23 Jun 17:16
- Brianna E. favorited Zipper "Corset" From Pants 04 Nov 06:15
- Andy A. added Zipper "Corset" From Pants to To Wear 05 Feb 14:03
- doll.hart1 added Zipper "Corset" From Pants to clothing 04 Nov 05:53
- Tierra T. favorited Zipper "Corset" From Pants 26 Oct 17:42
- Savannah A. favorited Zipper "Corset" From Pants 14 Aug 12:09
- Rosalie E. favorited Zipper "Corset" From Pants 03 Jun 22:18
So the first step, if you do it the way that I did, is to cut the bottom off of a pair of pants. I used a pair of black pants from the Gap that my cousin donated. This would also work if you just have a tube of fabric, though. Just make sure it is big enough to wrap around you, and long enough to cover as much of your midriff as you'd like to cover.
Fun part! Measure your bust, waist, and hips. Lay your two pieces of fabric on top of each other and pin. I marked the top with half my bust measurement, the center with half my waist, and the bottom with half my hip, and then made a curve to connect them. Sew along the curve, and you now have a lovely hourglass shape to your top!
Embellish! I just got a new sewing machine with an embroidery function, so I put a little row of flowers on mine. Since I wanted more red, I threw on some straps from an old bra. I'm also planning on adding grommets and ribbon in the back so it looks more like a true corset.
That's it! Please post comments, criticisms, questions and of course any versions <333