Love To Sew Pincushions
- mmotse03 favorited Wristwatch Pincushion 16 Aug 23:30
- Sarah W. favorited Wristwatch Pincushion 26 Jan 14:47
- Steph. favorited Wristwatch Pincushion 23 Jun 20:50
- Emma H. favorited Wristwatch Pincushion 18 May 13:07
- arina m. added Wristwatch Pincushion to To do ASAP! 09 Jan 02:17
- arina m. favorited Wristwatch Pincushion 08 Jan 23:29
- Alecia B. favorited Wristwatch Pincushion 01 Aug 15:34
- Taina W. added Wristwatch Pincushion to sewing acc 02 May 06:29
- Lisa R. favorited Wristwatch Pincushion 21 Apr 03:19
- sillybilly bella favorited Wristwatch Pincushion 14 Feb 06:10
You Will Need
Use a tape measure to measure the circumference of your wrist. Cut out a 9cm (3½in) diameter circle and a rectangle 29 x 5cm (11½ x 2 in) from black fabric for the back and sides of the wristwatch, and a 9cm (3½in) diameter circle from cream fabric for the front.
The strap needs to be 5cm (2in) wide and the length should be the circumference of your wrist plus 3cm (1¼in). Cut it from the striped fabric, with the stripes lengthways.
Using a pencil or tailor’s chalk, draw a watch face on the right side of the cream fabric, with a 12, 3, 6 and 9 and watch hands. Embroider the numbers and the centre of the watch face in black, then embroider the hands in gold thread.
Pin the long rectangle of black fabric to the watch face, right sides together. Machine sew them together with black thread. Leave the short ends of the long strip unsewn.
Work out where your watch will go in the middle of the strap, then make three marks for the position of the buttonholes on one end of the strap. Follow your sewing machine guidelines to make the buttonholes. My machine has a two-step buttonhole. The first step shown is the stitching to reinforce the buttonhole.
Sew buttons on the other end of the strap. Place the strap over the remaining black circle of watch fabric, so that the circle is where the watch will be. Pin in place. Machine sew in a square formation on the strap to attach it to the circle.
Fold the strap inwards and secure it with pins so it does not overlap the circle edges. Take the inside-out watch face and sides and pin the sides to the black base, with the strap inside the pinned circle. Machine sew carefully around the pinned circle.
Turn the watch right sides out, stuff it and hand stitch the opening closed.