I really liked the woven gift-topper I made a few weeks ago and thought it looked really pixely! Just perfect for space invaders…
I think it would make a cool little project for big kids and grown-ups! All you need are strips of paper and some sticky tape.
You could use them as gift-toppers, or make a card from them or stick them in a frame. They require no skill to make…just a bit of patience…
If you fancy a change from rainbow then neon works well too!
Have you worked on a project lately that you are pleased with…if so, tell me about it (leave a comment below)!
- Tierra T. favorited Woven Gift Topper 14 Nov 21:38
- PixieFey added Woven Gift Topper to 1980's 19 May 19:13
- MamaMindy added Woven Gift Topper to Packaging Tutorials 11 Nov 23:08
- harley r. favorited Woven Gift Topper 17 Jun 17:59
- Zoi MisKina added Woven Gift Topper to Paper 14 Jan 10:57
- Kory C. added Woven Gift Topper to Nützliches 16 Dec 17:41
- fuzzyhoneyviolet commented on Woven Gift Topper 02 Oct 02:34
- lauren w. favorited Woven Gift Topper 05 Aug 01:44
- Ixo favorited Woven Gift Topper 30 Jul 13:28
- shincraft favorited Woven Gift Topper 27 May 06:24
I lay all my white strips on a table top and put a length of sticky tape at the top of the strips to keep them secure.
Once you have all your strips in place you will probably need to put some sticky tape on the back to keep all the pieces in place. With this in mind I worked all the designs back to front so that I could put the sticky tape on strips without having to turn them over. There are some ‘back-to-front’ photos below for you to follow!
If you need a hand, leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you asap
*Top-left design requires 18 vertical strips
*Top-right design requires 10 vertical strips
*Bottom-left design requires 14 vertical strips
*Bottom-right design requires 13 vertical strips