Handcarved, Harry Potter-ish wand...
I really wanted a wand, so I decided to make one myself one summer. And not just in paper or anything like that, it had to be real wood! I was inspired by Hermione's wand in Harry Potter, and ended up with something a bit similiar. Here is what i did:
(I'm not really sure about how long time I spent on this project, I guess it varies depending on how difficult your pattern is.)
- Key West Witch added Wood Carved Wand to Witchcraft: Athames 20 Mar 21:05
- Michell H. favorited Wood Carved Wand 13 Dec 11:32
- Madeshi T. favorited Wood Carved Wand 28 Oct 06:16
- Alissa B. favorited Wood Carved Wand 24 Jul 03:24
- Aurelie L. added Wood Carved Wand to Accessoires Déguisement 14 Mar 21:10
- Stitches favorited Wood Carved Wand 16 Jan 05:05
- stephanie favorited Wood Carved Wand 09 Oct 06:14
- Grimgirl101 favorited Wood Carved Wand 21 Jun 20:23
- Katie's Crafts favorited Wood Carved Wand 20 Feb 17:34
- Sunny entered her project Wood Carved Wand to Jump From Paper 06 Feb 23:13
Cut a wooden rod to your desired lenght.
I ended up with approximately 30 cm (about 12 inches).
Then it's the hard part: Carving. It's very hard to explain, so you'll just have to try and carv along your pattern until you're pleased with it. Be careful with a knife! I think I cut my fingers once or twice...
Make sure it ends up being narrower at the tip, and larger at the handle, which is normal for most wands.
Finally sand it down with sandpaper for a smooth and uniform finish. I used two different types of sandpaper, one a bit rough, and after that a finer one (I know, my english isn't perfect).