A cute little wire bird
This was my first ever attempt at this, and I'm very new to wire art so please excuse the fact that is doesn't look amazing. However, I can teach you how to do it so that you can make nicer ones :)
I don't know what gauge the wire I used for the outline is, because it didn't say on the packaging. Use your own judgment as to what you think will look good.
- rene c. favorited Wire Bird 11 Aug 00:48
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Wire Bird 20 Jul 20:52
- Brenda A. favorited Wire Bird 26 Jun 07:35
- Nastassia B. added Wire Bird to Wire Art 12 Apr 14:09
- Trisha J. favorited Wire Bird 27 Nov 04:37
- Kathy C. favorited Wire Bird 14 Nov 04:05
- james w. favorited Wire Bird 06 Aug 04:40
- srslyjc favorited Wire Bird 20 Sep 23:42
- Phoenix M. favorited Wire Bird 16 Aug 03:57
- 02jhseaby added Wire Bird to Try 08 Jun 17:31
Gauge 24-28 wire is suitable for this bit.
Starting at the tail, wrap your thinner wire round the bird.
Part way through, I discovered it was easier and tidier to wrap in a figure of 8, wrapping the wire round the frame once each time to stop the wire moving about. (I hope that made sense)
When you get to the head, add a smallish bead for an eye and continue wrapping until you run out of room.
Wrap the end of the wire round the frame to secure it :)