Learn how to whitewash raw wood for a shabby chic finish.
- Beth E. added Whitewash A Pallet Table to You've Got Mail Inspired Room 24 Feb 22:46
- Taylor K. favorited Whitewash A Pallet Table 29 Oct 00:06
- Laura added Whitewash A Pallet Table to Home + Decoration 21 Mar 13:56
- Shelley W. added Whitewash A Pallet Table to Diane Keaton - DIY the Room 01 Mar 03:01
- Sirena F. favorited Whitewash A Pallet Table 01 Mar 00:56
- Sirena F. added Whitewash A Pallet Table to Pallets 01 Mar 00:56
- mel M. favorited Whitewash A Pallet Table 19 Nov 02:54
- noche-estrellada added Whitewash A Pallet Table to Mori Girl Room 21 Sep 17:59
- Alastair T. favorited Whitewash A Pallet Table 04 Aug 09:25
- Singingpraisehomemaker commented on Whitewash A Pallet Table 15 Jul 02:55
First of all, water down your paint. I used semigloss white paint that I had left over from the trim. I watered it down to 2 parts water 1 part paint. I was worried that it would look too glossy because it was semigloss but it didn't at all.
First, sand the pallet with a medium grit sand paper. You don't want to make it smooth, you just want to remove the big splinters.
Brush on your watered down paint.
This may be hard for the perfectionists out there, but hear me out: DO NOT do a second coat. DO NOT fix anything. Once you're done just walk away. Because this isn't supposed to look pristine, it's not supposed to look perfect. It's supposed to look weathered, and that's exactly what it will look like if you follow my instructions.