Tasty and tempting
Awesome and tastyvegetarian spring rolls my whole family loves, you can always add shredded chicken or pork for the ppl whom what eat purely vegetarian food, like my husband. I like to bake mine so they are a healthier option for my kids.
You could serve there's as a starter with soy sauce or plum sauce.
- Kimya J. favorited Vegetarian Spring Rolls 09 Jun 02:45
- Sierra H. favorited Vegetarian Spring Rolls 18 Mar 02:22
- Banndit1 added Vegetarian Spring Rolls to Food-To-Make 16 Feb 01:52
- Banndit1 favorited Vegetarian Spring Rolls 16 Feb 01:51
- Jessica N. favorited Vegetarian Spring Rolls 31 Jul 19:19
- Jasinta M. added Vegetarian Spring Rolls to Veggie 18 Jun 18:27
- Tara Rees favorited Vegetarian Spring Rolls 20 Mar 14:25
- FrankieStein favorited Vegetarian Spring Rolls 16 Feb 06:15
- karmy_2683 favorited Vegetarian Spring Rolls 25 Jan 13:12
- sarah a. favorited Vegetarian Spring Rolls 09 Sep 10:04
You Will Need
Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain water Then using scissors, cut into 4cm lengths approx
Heat oil in a wok on high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add bamboo shoots, carrot, cabbage, beansprouts, noodles,Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce and pepper. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
Place in a bowl and leave it to cool down
Place 1 spring roll wrapper on a flat surface with 1 corner facing you. Place 2 tablespoons of filling across corner. Brush wrapper edges with egg yolk. Fold corner over filling, then roll up firmly, folding in edges. Press to seal. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. ( if this makes no sense, there should be direction and possibly pictures on spring roll wrapper packet)
Pour vegetable oil into a wok or large saucepan until one-third full. Heat on medium-high heat until a small piece of bread sizzles when dropped in. Cook spring rolls, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Using a slotted spoon to lessen amount of oil coming out with spring roll, transfer to a wire rack.
Alternatively, and what I personally do it keep on baking tray with baking paper, place in oven after being preheated to 160-180•c, and bake in the oven for approx 15 minutes or I until crunchy and heated through
Less oil and fat intake this way and they are a lot healthier