Shirt to skirt
Upcycling of on old shirt to a skirt by simply cutting the upper part off, pinning the lower part to a bias cut band as waistband, and adding an eye and hook closure.
- Rebecca C. favorited Upcycling A Shirt Into A Skirt 21 Jul 21:34
- Tashianna S. favorited Upcycling A Shirt Into A Skirt 11 Apr 12:41
- Crafterella featured Upcycling A Shirt Into A Skirt 19 Jan 23:00
- Nicole M. favorited her project Upcycling A Shirt Into A Skirt 17 Jan 15:35
- Nicole M. published her project Upcycling A Shirt Into A Skirt 16 Jan 09:00
Take your waist measurements and make a bias cut waist band 2 inch wide and your waist measurement plus 2 inches long. Alternatively you can use just pre-made bias cut band you can buy in any sewing store. Gather the skirt part and pin its left side to the waistband leaving one inch free on both sides of the waistband. Fold the waist over to the right side. Pin the waistband to the right side of the skirt and sew it on. Fold the 1 inch ends of the waistband inside the "tube" and close the tube.
Sew press buttons or eye hooks to close the waistband.