From plastic to bag
Recently I joined Swap bot and a eco bag was my first SWAP.
why buy a eco bag when you can make one?!?
It was helluva lota work but I'm super happy with it.
Now to put it in the mail to someone.. will it be you????
- claraangelica.souza favorited Upcycled Eco Bag 03 Mar 23:08
- julie c. added Upcycled Eco Bag to to do list 17 Jul 16:44
- LottaAurora favorited Upcycled Eco Bag 10 May 21:57
- Finn favorited Upcycled Eco Bag 21 Feb 17:21
- Philippe T. favorited Upcycled Eco Bag 04 Dec 20:41
- Len favorited Upcycled Eco Bag 24 Aug 00:30
used a cotton twill rectangle as a base and started just sewing them on either just by zig-zagging or put a strip "right side" down. sew 1/4 inch length of the strip.. then flip it over so there's no seam. I used my hands to press seams or if the bag was acting unruly I would use the parchment paper and iron again.
For a pattern I measured a eco bag I had and just kinda made it up as I went along. I did line it and used a different fabric for the sides of the bag.
You'll need basicall two squares and two skinny rectanges which turn into the side. I folded fabric over and double stitched it to creat handles.