Two-Tie Sling Tutorial
It's rainy and gray here this week...a nice moody intro to fall. Not so great for photography, but I wanted to get this fun tutorial to you this week!
- Marnie B. favorited Two Tie Sling Bag 01 Apr 17:45
- Kay T. favorited Two Tie Sling Bag 20 Nov 21:36
- Juanita g. added Two Tie Sling Bag to things to make 07 Sep 17:54
- toughandcool added Two Tie Sling Bag to poo 18 Dec 06:32
- amanda.shillito favorited Two Tie Sling Bag 10 Dec 09:43
- Heather G. favorited Two Tie Sling Bag 30 Nov 21:34
- heidi.jarmaine favorited Two Tie Sling Bag 13 Oct 04:40
- Karen D. favorited Two Tie Sling Bag 02 Jun 14:53
Pin edges of ties together, overlapping each one slightly over the other about 1/8-1/4" total. *It is important that both ties are the same width and degree of taper for these 14 inches!* Use a wide zigzag to stitch down the center, or stitch by hand. Note: Many ties are cut on the bias, therefore the fabric may give when sewing the length of the tie. Be sure not to stretch as you sew.
Now all you need to do is decide how long you want the straps and tie the skinny ends. If you'd prefer a neater look, cut off the ends at the desired length and stitch together.
My ties were each about 3 1/4" wide at the widest point, making the sling just right to carry my camera or a water bottle. These are really easy to make and so much fun.