Trusted trouser to cool culottes!
Why by a brand new pattern when you could make more of one you already own? Transform a pair of every day trousers into a fashionable culotte with this easy hack.
- Kellyton K. favorited Trousers To Culottes 18 Mar 16:40
- Rebecca C. favorited Trousers To Culottes 12 Jul 03:11
- englishwren added Trousers To Culottes to summer party 06 Jul 16:24
- Kimya J. favorited Trousers To Culottes 07 Mar 02:49
- Gemza favorited Trousers To Culottes 19 Dec 00:42
- PineconePrincess favorited Trousers To Culottes 17 Nov 20:21
- shaunimagnifique published her project Trousers To Culottes 17 Nov 09:00
You Will Need
Choose your base trouser pattern.
Look up some culotte patterns as a point of reference on altering the leg shape. I found that they generally have a straight inside leg, and it's the outside leg that extends out from the hip - in an almost A-line fashion - to give that voluminous shape.
Redraft the shape of the trouser leg and shorten the length if required, as shown by the dotted line in the image.
Make sure to match alterations to both the front and back trouser legs.
Cut your fabric (with the new leg shape) and sew up your culottes as the pattern instructs.