Triple Strand Chain & Pearl Necklace
The Procedure comprises of 3 parts – making the gold chain, making the floating necklace and then assembly.
- Christina F. favorited Triple Strand Chain & Pearl Necklace 27 Sep 10:06
- RareJewel favorited Triple Strand Chain & Pearl Necklace 22 Jun 00:02
- Chudames favorited Triple Strand Chain & Pearl Necklace 23 Mar 22:26
- Donna W. favorited Triple Strand Chain & Pearl Necklace 10 Mar 01:55
- foodismyfamily favorited Triple Strand Chain & Pearl Necklace 16 Jul 20:06
Make the gold chain – Chain maille
(i)Open one big jump ring; add 2 more closed ones in it and close. Open the third ring and add a closed ring and close.
(ii)Continue this process of adding rings one by one till you have a chain that over 18 inches long. You can either use one size rings or alternate with 2 sizes like I have done here
Make the floating necklace
a) Cut 20 inches of beading wire (I choose dull bronze to match with my crimps). Open a crimp end and insert it into one end of the wire. Add a couple of crimps and turn the insert the wire into the crimps. Crimp flat with a crimp pliers or nose pliers. Now close the crimp ends, locking the wire inside and press firmly. If any extra wire (second length) is hanging out, trim it.
b) Add crimps and pearls onto the wire and crimp as you go in the following sequence. Always remember to add the crimp first, crimp it and then add the pearl otherwise it will keep on moving
Crimp-gray pearl- crimp SPACE Crimp-white pearl- crimp SPACE Crimp-gray pearl- crimp SPACE Crimp-white pearl- crimp SPACE Crimp-gray pearl- crimp
c)Finish with a crimp end using the process listed above in (a). The finished piece must look like the first image in the assembly sheet
"SPACE" refers to leaving the wire blank for a certain measured space