Transform a no-nonsense men’s double-breasted trench coat into a playful poncho by chopping off the sleeves. Hand-stitch appli- qués cut from a bold and colorful scarf for added visual interest.
[FINISHED MEASUREMENTS] (Based on men’s size L) Length 30 in (76cm) Bust 41 in (104cm)
*Measurements are strictly for reference and actual measurements will depend on original flannel shirt utilized.
*How to choose a trench coat and scarf
Seek out a large men’s size for the coat. For the scarf we recommend bold prints like the chain pattern on the model.
Iron lightweight fusible interfacing onto entire scarf.
- Kellyton K. favorited Trench Coat Poncho 18 Mar 16:44
- Biblionic favorited Trench Coat Poncho 02 Nov 18:07
- Leanashe23 added Trench Coat Poncho to Grimes fashion 22 Oct 19:36
- Jenna C. added Trench Coat Poncho to Clothes/Acessories 16 Dec 17:11
- Carla B. favorited Trench Coat Poncho 07 Dec 02:34
- KMOM14 added Trench Coat Poncho to STUFF TO MAKE 29 Nov 02:28
- Tuttle Publishing published her project Trench Coat Poncho 27 Nov 06:00
Add seam allowance to scarf elements that will become appliqués and cut out. Position the appliqués on coat and blind stitch.