Fold Me Up
Download the templates to make your own cootie catcher and fortune teller!
- FoldMeUp_AnotherCocktail_smallpdf.com_.pdf 635 KB [ Download ]
- FoldMeUp_ConfidenceBooster_smallpdf.com_.pdf 671 KB [ Download ]
- San added Top Secret Cootie Catcher to Sleep Over 01 May 17:56
- Rhonda G. favorited Top Secret Cootie Catcher 22 Apr 18:48
- Conner W. commented on Top Secret Cootie Catcher 16 Sep 00:59
- Conner W. added Top Secret Cootie Catcher to gift ideas 16 Sep 00:57
- MandyCip_93 favorited Top Secret Cootie Catcher 14 Apr 22:35
- Zombie Babe favorited Top Secret Cootie Catcher 26 Mar 00:48
- Elin H. favorited Top Secret Cootie Catcher 07 Mar 14:01
- Penguin published his project Top Secret Cootie Catcher 20 Feb 13:03
Step 1: Trim the paper fortune-teller to a square but keep these directions handy.
Step 2: With the text side facing down, fold up all four corners of the Cootie Catcher.
Step 3: Does it look like this? If not, go back to step one and start over. We’re beginning to doubt your future career prospects in the origami field.
Step 4: Flip the paper over and fold up all four corners again.
Step 5: Does your Cootie Catcher look like this? No? Shame on you, my six-year-old niece could do better. Go back to Step 1 and start over.
Step 6: Fold in half as shown. Remind yourself that this process is, indeed, top secret.
Step 7: Place your fingers under the four paper flaps to pop them up. Then work the device back and forth to form creases. Commence amusing your friends.
How to Play
Thinking all the way back to grade school can make your brain hurt. So here’s a little refresher—a cheat sheet if you will—on how to use all these great paper fortune-tellers.
Step 1: Pick one of the words, numbers, or letters on the top of the cootie catcher. Work the cootie catcher back and forth as you count up to the number (1, 2, 3, 4), spell out the letters in the word (c-o-o-t-i-e), or say the alphabet up to the letter (A, B, C, D, E). If you picked 2, for instance, you’d move it back and forth only two times. No words or numbers? Spell out the most prevalent color in the illustration or spell out what the illustration depicts (e.g., pig).
Step 2: Now pick one of the words, numbers, or letters on view inside the paper fortune-teller. Then work the cootie catcher back and forth again as you count up to the number (1, 2, 3, 4) or spell out the word (c-o-o-t-i-e).
Step 3: OK, it’s time to make a final selection. Pick one of the letters or numbers on view inside the cootie catcher. Then lift up the flap and reveal the message! Some cootie catchers predict the future. Others answer a pressing question or give a fortune on a specific topic.
Step 4: Repeat as needed. You can rock a paper fortune-teller alone or with a friend. They even make popular party guests.