Black felt top hat
I made this hat for a friend. It was my first attempt and hit a few bumps along the way, but got there in the end. Just be sure to take into account the thickness of your material when taking head measurements and add this to you measurements for the crown.
Hope my instructions are clear enough!
- shari.martin2 added Top Hat to hats/fascinators 23 Jan 23:47
- Key West Witch favorited Top Hat 08 Oct 08:19
- PH W. favorited Top Hat 11 Apr 15:33
- Alex Z. added Top Hat to Интересное 22 Jul 21:09
- Alyson P. favorited Top Hat 05 Oct 02:28
- Lydia D. favorited Top Hat 28 Sep 22:59
- rose.mateski favorited Top Hat 03 Aug 16:25
- Lauren D. added Top Hat to other 08 Jul 18:15
- TARA R. added Top Hat to halloween 06 Jan 01:07
- FrankieStein favorited Top Hat 28 Oct 19:41
Measure the circumference of your head (60cm). Cut a length of poster board using this measurement and 16cm in height. Join the ends and stick with tape. This is the crown of your hat.
For the tip of your hat cut out a circle of cardboard slightly larger than the circumference of the crown (depending on how much of a curve you want on the top of your hat). I used a plate that was approx. 2 cm wider in radius than the crown.
Tape the tip to the crown and then secure with hot glue.