A tissue paper decorated vase that's easy and inexpensive to make.
This tissue paper decorated vase is very quick and easy to make as a gift.
- Summer O. favorited Tissue Paper Decorated Vase 13 Jul 06:49
- Rebecca M. favorited Tissue Paper Decorated Vase 19 Jun 18:23
- Lee B. favorited Tissue Paper Decorated Vase 18 Aug 03:04
- Maemi.Gojo added Tissue Paper Decorated Vase to Decorative 11 Nov 14:15
- Mai added Tissue Paper Decorated Vase to House Stuffs 10 Nov 03:20
- Mai favorited Tissue Paper Decorated Vase 10 Nov 03:20
Make sure your vase is absolutely clean. I degreased mine with white vinegar to get off all finger prints then handled it carefully after that.
Apply the Mod Podge to the ouside of the vase using the foam brush and only work in small sections, applying the tissue paper carefully. Tissue paper comes in a couple of kinds, if you use a type with color bleed, the color bleed will tint the Mod Podge, which is also an interesting look. Layering 2 colors of the tissue paper, a darker color will show through a lighter color for a neat effect. Continue adding tissue paper elements, either somewhat randomly or in a pattern. Cover each tissue paper shape with Mod Podge. It helps to work very gently or pounce the foam brush over delicate areas like the leaf stems in my example so you don't tear the paper. I got a couple small wrinkles, but I like the effect!
If you're happy with how it turned out, you can add water carefully to the inside of the vase after it's cured and create your flower arrangement. If you aren't happy, peel up the Mod Podge and clean the vase to start all over. It peels up just fine off of glass.