Few have ever caught a glimpse of the mermaid, a rare sighting from myth and legend. But you can make this an everyday encounter with this splashy, special occasion updo. With not one, not two, but three fishtails that intertwine, this ocean- inspired look will leave your fellow partygoers feeling like they’ve just seen something magical.
And they would have! The Triple Mermaid Updo does have a bit of magic to it. This is a more complicated style; it definitely requires a mastery of the Basic Fishtail, along with the French Fishtail Pony and Fringe Lace Braid techniques. We’ll be combining all three in this look and then weaving them together in a pattern that resembles rolling waves. But don’t actually get this one wet! If you stay ashore and secure it with pins, this updo will stay in all night.
If fishtails are a little too advanced, try out this style with Dutch Braids and Three- Strand Braids to get a similar look. I recommend this look on straightened or wavy hair. Using a flat iron can help the detail in the fishtail braids stand out more, especially when it comes to the lace fishtails.
TIPS FOR PREPPING
Try this look on flat-ironed, roller-set, or naturally straight hair. Personally, I love the way this style looks on straight and wavy hair. With straighter hair, the details really pop.
© 2020 Monae Everett / Ulysses Press · Reproduced with permission.
- Lacquered Lawyer added The Triple Mermaid Updo to Mermaid 12 Mar 23:45
- Victoria L. favorited The Triple Mermaid Updo 01 Jan 08:48
- DAARSHENI favorited The Triple Mermaid Updo 14 Jul 02:18
- Lucy C. added The Triple Mermaid Updo to Project 1 02 Apr 16:06
- Jade S. favorited The Triple Mermaid Updo 28 Sep 18:30
- Carla B. added The Triple Mermaid Updo to Style my locks... 21 Jul 19:57
- Carla B. favorited The Triple Mermaid Updo 21 Jul 19:57
- Kimya J. favorited The Triple Mermaid Updo 26 May 00:20
- Rachel B. added The Triple Mermaid Updo to Hairstyle Tutorials 03 May 01:53
- Fee F. favorited The Triple Mermaid Updo 05 Sep 12:44