the quick little bunny tutorial
I really wanted to make the sock bunny that Heidi (from My Paper Crane) created, but I didn’t have any of those fantastic red and brown monkey socks. What I do have is baby socks: tons of cute, mismatched, totally useless, never stay on baby socks. Now that my littlest is very much not an infant and too soon will be a toddler it seems kind of silly to keep all those teeny tiny socks. So I made a bunny out of them. And a tutorial too.
This is indeed a quick little bunny. After I figured out the pattern, start to finish each bunny took me just 15 minutes. So if you are anything like me and never get around to the easter baskets until the night before, you can whip up this little softie and still have time to run to the drugstore to score the last bag of jelly beans.
- Liz hart favorited The Quick Little Bunny 16 Jun 21:34
- Elena B. added The Quick Little Bunny to sock toys 30 Mar 23:45
- Elena B. favorited The Quick Little Bunny 30 Mar 23:45
- Ghost C. favorited The Quick Little Bunny 07 Feb 11:25
- olivoyle favorited The Quick Little Bunny 29 May 10:29
- fishywilleatchu favorited The Quick Little Bunny 27 Jan 19:35
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited The Quick Little Bunny 17 Nov 18:21
- artpanda18 favorited The Quick Little Bunny 19 Aug 21:06
- Chachee.rayna added The Quick Little Bunny to Sew, Sew! 04 Apr 21:28
- Gabi C. favorited The Quick Little Bunny 30 Mar 22:34
Take some stuffing and stuff the foot part of the sock–not too tight! this is just a little, squishy baby bunny. Where the foot part ends and the heal begins sew a running stitch around the sock and pull to gather it. I like to wrap my thread around where I’ve stitched a few times just so it’s secure. Knot your thread and snip.
On the top of the bunny’s back, sew a circle about an inch in diameter with a simple running stitch. Then pull to gather. You may have to mush the stuffing around so you can pull it tight to make a tail shape. When you have a little bunny tail, wrap your thread around a few times and knot off (do people say “knot off?” does it sound too much like I’m yelling at you to go “knot off!”).