Tape Measure Rosette Brooch
This would have been a how-to BUT I didn't have a hand free to take photos all the way along.
BUT! I can describe how I did it:
- Cathy M. favorited Tape Measure Rosette 22 Jan 17:06
- jane d. favorited Tape Measure Rosette 30 Aug 23:59
- Laura R. entered their project Tape Measure Rosette to With Lavender and Lace 12 Aug 18:28
- Kate W. favorited Tape Measure Rosette 30 Jun 19:07
- Sarah C. added Tape Measure Rosette to Things I want to try 28 Mar 23:56
- Kate H. favorited Tape Measure Rosette 03 Mar 23:16
- Faith B. added Tape Measure Rosette to 2015 gifts to make 03 Mar 17:41
- Mary H. favorited Tape Measure Rosette 01 Mar 03:33
- Laura R. published their project Tape Measure Rosette 16 Feb 16:44
Using half of a thin tape measure - I put the metal end as the stem - and repeatedly turned the tape measure in on itself - this can take a few attempts and I am by no means a professional!
Once I had got the shape and size 'petals' I required, I got a needle and thread - and pierced through ALL layers. Do a few stitches through all the layers. At this point you can let go! Phew!
Pick a button, sew through the layers. Then a brooch back - I usually sew this through the back 1-2 layers and have been known to hot glue gun the back to make it extra secure.