Now your scarf is a necklace!
Your simple T-shirt scarf can easily become a T-shirt necklace. The secret to the round strips is to stretch your fabric real good!
- Susan E. favorited T Shirt Scarf Revamp! 27 Apr 21:36
- Kath F. added T Shirt Scarf Revamp! to Jewelry 04 Nov 03:33
- Romana S. favorited T Shirt Scarf Revamp! 05 Jul 06:11
- breanna w. favorited T Shirt Scarf Revamp! 23 Jun 07:18
- Jade C. added T Shirt Scarf Revamp! to Might need 20 Jan 01:14
- annie.g favorited T Shirt Scarf Revamp! 11 Jan 04:45
- Taba__tina added T Shirt Scarf Revamp! to accessori 04 Jan 18:30
- eliseaskmarie added T Shirt Scarf Revamp! to Scarf-a-licious 12 Dec 22:45
- Margo T. entered their project T Shirt Scarf Revamp! to Lucie Ellen 23 Jun 01:53
If you have a scarf already finished simply snip off four loops of the scarf. Fold them and half and cut three so you have six equal pieces of jersey. If you are starting with a untouched T-shirt, lay it flat and cut off the bottom hem. Now cut four more loops from the bottom of the shirt. Cut through three loops so you have six equal pieces of T-shirt. I hope that made sense.
Gather six ends together and stitch them together as so.
I doesn't need to be pretty just, secure. Time for beads. You can use wooden beads, glass, beads, or pony beads. I found some cute plastic star beads I had stashed away. Unfortunately they were hideously colored. Spray paint to the rescue! After painting them a soft gray(because that's what I had) I strung them on the T-shirt strands in a semi-organized fashion. Mainly, I made sure that each strand had a decent number. Once that was done I sewed together the other ends.
Now take your spare loop that you cut. Snip it in to three equal strands and sew these together at the end. Braid them.
The length of the braid depends on where you want your necklace to fall. I made my braid long enough so that the necklace could slip over my head. Measure and decide how long is long enough. When you get there, sew the ends together and trim off the excess. Save these scraps!
Sew your braid to your beaded strands. Once again, security over beauty, we are going to cover this up.