Give the socking and the fillers! Makes a cute alternative to a gift bag :)
Apologies for there being no photos to some of the steps- I forgot to take any but it's pretty simple to work out :)
- zoegirl221 added Sweet Stag Stocking to Christmas 26 Jul 09:31
- jessica.boulanger.10 added Sweet Stag Stocking to projects to make 14 Jan 08:22
- Penny F. added Sweet Stag Stocking to GIFT IDEAS 24 Dec 18:35
- a m. favorited Sweet Stag Stocking 24 Dec 17:05
- Tina L. favorited Sweet Stag Stocking 22 Dec 02:17
- Celestial Kat entered her project Sweet Stag Stocking to Secret Santa 17 Dec 23:46
To save time pin the front and back fabrics together, and do the same with the lining fabrics before you cut out the stockings, voila! You should have two stockings.
Next take the front of the stocking, if you're using faux fur along the top add this here and pin to the corresponding piece of lining fabric right side in (your fur will be inside). Do the same with back piece. Stitch along the top so when you turn it right side out you have a nice neat edge.
If you are adding a felt silhouette and you're sure it will be properly centred when you stitch the pieces together now is the time to add it. I used a stag shape cut from red felt and stitched with purple thread to go with the colours in my stocking. Of course you could just skip this bit and pin the two stocking pieces together so the lining faces outside. Get sewing- remember to leave the top open!
Turn inside out and there you go- one super cute stocking ready to be filled with lots of lovely presents. If you like it as it is you're done, but if like me you like to add embellishments you can go to town with bells, buttons, pom-poms etc. I used a yo-yo maker to make my embellishments and added sweet little buttons. You could also add a loop of ribbon for hanging up. Ta-da!